Thank you for your service. Let us assist you in qualifying for the Aid and Attendance benefit for veterans.

What is the Aid and Attendance Benefit?

The Aid & Attendance Benefit provides benefits for war era veterans and their surviving spouses who require the regular attendance of another person to assist in at least two daily activities of living such as eating, bathing, dressing, transferring, and using the bathroom. It is a non-service connected disability benefit, meaning the disability does not have to be a result of service.

Who is eligible for the Aid & Attendance Benefit?

  • Veterans aged 65 or older who served at least 90 days of active duty with at least 1 day served during wartime.
  • Surviving spouses of wartime veterans.

What are the service requirements of the Aid & Attendance Benefit?

  • Discharged from branch of U.S. Military under conditions other than dishonorable.
  • Served minimum of one day during one of the following wartime periods:
    • World War I: April 6, 1917-November 11, 1918
    • World War II: December 7, 1941-December 31, 1946 (extended to July 25, 1947, where continuous with active duty on or before December 31, 1946)
    • Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950-January 31, 1955
    • Vietnam Era: August 5, 1964-May 7, 1975 (February 28, 1961, for veterans who served "in country" before August 5, 1964)
    • Persian Gulf War: August 2, 1990, through a date to be prescribed by Presidential proclamation or law

What does the Aid & Attendance benefit mean to you?

  • You can afford the home care services you need at a net zero cost.
  • This benefit was earned by you as a serviceman, so it does not need to be paid back to the US Government.
  • This benefit is tax free.

Which documents are needed?

  1. Veteran's discharge papers or DDForm214
  2. Previous VA benefit statement
  3. Asset information (bank account statements, etc.)
  4. Verification of income (Social Security award letter and statements from pensions, IRA's, annuities, etc.)
  5. Marriage Certificate
  6. Death Certificate (Surviving spouses only)

How do I start this process?

There are two methods to getting started. The first is to complete and submit the online Assistance Application found here. The second is to print the below application and mail to:

Assistance Application Form


5719 Highway 25, Suite 203

Flowood, MS 39232