We understand the stress of becoming a caregiver. Let us help.
Who are our nation's caregivers?
Most Americans will be informal caregivers at some point during their lives. During any given year, there are more than 44 million Americans (21% of the adult population) who provide unpaid care to an elderly or disabled person 18 years or older. Altogether, informal caregivers provide 80 percent of the long-term care in the United States.
- Sixty-one percent of caregivers are women.
- Most caregivers are middle-aged.
- Thirteen percent of caregivers are aged 65 years and older.
- Fifty-nine percent of informal caregivers have jobs in addition to caring for another person. Because of time spent caregiving, more than half of employed women caregivers have made changes at work, such as going in late, leaving early, or working fewer hours.
Becoming a caregiver for your loved one can be tough and stressful, and it doesn’t always happen by choice. We feel obligated; thousands of people make the decision to provide crucial living assistance for their friends, family members or spouses. Countless others have no choice in caregiver roles when loved ones are stricken by injuries, illnesses or disabilities. For some, providing care is as easy as helping out with chores around the house. Many become a caregiver full-time. It is a job in addition to what you are already doing.
There will be times when you need to take a break from caring for your loved one. Grace Professional Home Care provides you with that much needed rest. We have care programs available to give you the time you need to step away and rejuvenate. Whether you need us for a few hours a week or all week, we can provide respite care so you focus on every day life.
Would it be helpful to have someone you trust come in for a few hours, two or three times during the week can give you that much-needed “down time” to run errands, relax, or even enjoy a social outing? Grace’s professional caregivers will be there for you and your loved one
Assistance with Activities of Daily Living
- Medication Management
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal Preparation
Grace Professional Homecare utilizes the latest technology to allow communication 24/7 so each client can receive the attention he or she deserves.
- Client driven enabling us to tailor the correct plan for you.
- Our scheduling system allows us to keep track of preferred schedules, favorite caregivers, and future appointments.
- The client and scheduling system allows all levels to communicate between clients, staff, and management.
- Our Family Portal enables the family view, care plan, and daily progress of the loved one. (Requires client's permission.)
- Our human resources enable our team to track and monitor the skills, education, and performance history of each staff member.
- The billing and payroll section record GPS locations along with the time each time a caregiver clocks in or out.
- Our program software assists us in managing and planning of future events.